Students currently at another Secondary School
The transition to a new school is an exciting time for a young person and their family, as well as a challenging one. Our enrolment process for students moving to their new school ensures they are supported academically, socially, and emotionally. Our goal is that when you begin at Daylesford College, we have an extensive understanding of who you are, how you learn and how we can best support you at your new school.
1. Book a tour of Daylesford College.
2. Download the Student Enquiry Application Form , complete and return the following to email@example.com
3. The Assistant Principal will contact each referee/current school.
4. The Daylesford College enrolment team meets weekly to examines each expression of interest, reference checks and makes a recommendation of proceeding.
5. The Assistant Principal then contacts family and organises an interview or explains the decision not to proceed.
6. At the interview, the Assistant Principal will ask three to four questions to the student and family. The student is encouraged to bring in portfolios/achievements/letters of support to present at the interview.
7. A decision on successful enrolment is made by the Principal, following recommendation from the Assistant Principal.
8. When the family is notified of enrolment being approved, Assistant Principal provides enrolment forms, bus forms and booklists. The student will be invited in for transition day. The Assistant Principal will be in touch within five business days from receipt of the enrolment application enquiry.
9. Please note, the above process is only for students who are already enrolled at another secondary school. Please see here for those students in Grade 6 wanting to enrol at Daylesford College in Year 7
Grade 6 to Secondary School Enrolments
This process is administered by each students primary school. They will provide you with the enrolment forms and parents / carers complete it and return it to their primary school. Parents / Carers will be notified about which school they’ve been allocated to in Term 3.
For more details on the Grade 6 to high school enrolment see here.
The Daylesford College school zone is available on findmyschool.vic.gov.au which hosts the most up-to-date information on school zones in Victoria.
Students residing within our school zone are guaranteed a place at Daylesford College, which is determined based on your permanent residential address.
Daylesford College manages enrolments using the Placement Policy to ensure that students have access to their designated neighbourhood school and may enrol at another school, if there are available places.
For more information, you can:
visit School zones for answers to frequently asked questions
call the Victorian School Building Authority (VSBA) on 1800 896 950
email the VSBA at firstname.lastname@example.org