Daylesford College offers a range of careers related support.
We have a qualified Careers Practitioner who is available to meet with students one-on-one to discuss their individual goals and pathways. Students can book an appointment, at a suitable time, for these meetings.
The Careers Practitioner is also involved in a range of activities to support our students including:
- implementing the Year 9 My Career Insights program. This is a state government initiative which enables student in Year 9 to complete a Morrisby skills and interests profile. They then meet with a Morrisby trained Career Practitioner to discuss their profile and pathway options.
- organising and assisting year 10 students with work experience. Our work experience week is scheduled for the last week of term 2 each year. This provided students with an opportunity to observe and participate in a full-time work placement.
- supporting year 12 students in their transition to tertiary education, employment and apprenticeships at the end of their secondary schooling,
- providing access to guest speakers such as employers, training organisations, representatives from universities and TAFEs, and previous students regarding their post-school experiences, to help develop students’ awareness of the options and pathways available to them.
- managing the Careers curriculum content for the Careers program. This program currently runs at Year 9, with all students doing a 3-period a week study over a semester.
The Careers office also sends out a regular newsletter and maintains our Daylesford College Careers website.
As well as providing general information, all DC students
can login to their individual page on our dsc-careers.com
website. Here they can access specific pathway quizzes,
templates to create a resume and cover letter, an e-portfolio
and a whole lot of other resources.